[ANSOL-geral] Petição na whitehouse.gov pelo acesso livre a artigos fruto de I&D com dinheiros públicos

André Esteves aife netvisao.pt
Segunda-Feira, 21 de Maio de 2012 - 21:20:02 WEST

Petição na whitehouse.gov pelo acesso livre a artigos fruto de I&D com
dinheiros públicos

Petição aqui:  http://wh.gov/6TH

Qualquer pessoa pode assinar a petição. A petição não é limitada a
cidadãos norte-americanos.

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Require free access over the Internet to scientific journal articles
arising from taxpayer-funded research.
We believe in the power of the Internet to foster innovation, research,
and education. Requiring the published results of taxpayer-funded
research to be posted on the Internet in human and machine readable form
would provide access to patients and caregivers, students and their
teachers, researchers, entrepreneurs, and other taxpayers who paid for
the research. Expanding access would speed the research process and
increase the return on our investment in scientific research.

The highly successful Public Access Policy of the National Institutes of
Health proves that this can be done without disrupting the research
process, and we urge President Obama to act now to implement open access
policies for all federal agencies that fund scientific research.

http://opensciencefederation.com/

1abraço,

André Esteves