[ANSOL-geral] Google's Summer of Code Contest deadline is June 14, 2005

Lopo de Almeida humaneasy care2x.org
Segunda-Feira, 6 de Junho de 2005 - 17:51:11 WEST

Google's Summer of Code

This initiative is expressly designed to get the brightest minds on campus
contributing code to open source initiatives and inventing new open source
programs. After all, while altruistic motives are praiseworthy and the
rewards of peer recognition sweet, the idea of a financial prize for stellar
work predates the Nobel Commission – and who really needs money more than
broke college students?

So here's the skinny: Google will give $4,500 to applicants who successfully
work with a sponsoring organization or advisor to create innovative or useful
open source software. Google will also get you a t-shirt to go along with the
cash.

Refer to their flyer or visit code.google.com/summerofcode.html to learn more
and submit your idea for a project. The deadline for applications is June 14,
2005.

Mambo is also participating as a mentoring organisation in Google's "Summer of
Code" program.

**************

The above message come from the Mambo website. I think that we may have in
Portugal and other countries students that don't know about this and the time
is running fast.

Of course, if some students would like to work on a project related to
e-health it would be just great.

Hope it help.

1,

Lopo
--
  Care2x - Integrated Healthcare Environment
  http://www.care2x.org

Project Team Member

  Humaneasy Consulting
  http://www.humaneasy.com