[ANSOL-geral] Fwd: Comissário europeu intervém no caso Microsoft

Rui Miguel Seabra rms 1407.org
Terça-Feira, 24 de Fevereiro de 2004 - 22:31:50 WET

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 21:52 +0000, Ricardo Jorge
> - ----------  Mensagem Reencaminhada  ----------
> Subject:  Comissário europeu intervém no caso Microsoft - Mensagem Enviada por
> Esta história ainda está no início
> Date: Terça 24 Fevereiro 2004 18:23
> From: diario.digital  mail.telepac.pt
> To: rjgn  netc.pt

> O comissário europeu para o Mercado Único, Frits Bolkestein, está preocupado
>  com as sanções que a Comissão Europeia possa vir a adoptar contra a
>  Microsoft e tem seguido atentamente o dossier, noticia o Financial Times.

O Sr. Comissário Frits Bolkestein cada vez mais é conhecido pelo seu
comportamento contra a competitividade, interoperabilidade e direito de
publicação/informação.

Uma análise detalhada especialmente focada no assunto das patentes de
software sobre Frits pode ser lida em:

http://swpat.ffii.org/players/bolkestein/index.en.html

Internal Market Commissioner of the European Commission since 2000,
leader of dutch right-wing liberal party VVD, known mainly by
interventions in favor of the world's second largest pharmaceutical
company, of whose supervisory board he is a member, and by various
policies in favor of big business. Ever since he took office, Bolkestein
firmly committed himself to the agenda for legalisation of software
patents in Europe and pushed this agenda through an unwilling European
Commission. Bolkestein saw himself forced to pay lipservice to the goals
of his opponents and sell his directive as a means to achieve those
goals. When it became apparent that this strategy did not work,
Bolkestein threatened the Parliament with removal of its competence of
decision. The Parliament was however neither deceived nor intimidated.

--
+ So let's do it...?