[ANSOL-geral][Notícias] New bill may restore fair use rights under DMCA (...)

Lopo de Almeida lopo.almeida arroba sitaar.com
Thu Oct 10 13:33:01 2002

New bill may restore fair use rights under DMCA
http://linux.com/article.pl?sid=02/10/10/0110257

    A recent bill introduced by Congressman Rick Boucher (D-VA) continues
    to generate interest and support from many in the hacker community as
    well as civil libertarians. The bill would ensure that "fair use" of
    copyrighted works continues to be legal, even under the restrictions
    set forth by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)."

Eldred v. Ashcroft Oral Arguments

    PMuse and others wrote in about the oral arguments held today in the
    [0]Eldred v. Ashcroft case challenging the most recent 20-year
    retroactive extension of copyright terms. [1]Google News will cover the
    mainstream news stories about it; [2]transcripts of the arguments will
    eventually be posted; but as I write this the only first-hand reports
    appear to be [3]LawMeme and the [4]Associated Press. Reader McSpew adds
    a link to a piece by Steven Levy explaining the [5]importance of Eldred
    v. Ashcroft and what's really at stake. Update: 10/09 19:12 GMT by
    [6]T: [7]khkramer links to [8]his own summary of the arguments, writing
    "I have press credentials at the court, so I was able to take notes
    during the argument, and in the summary I tried to cover all of the
    major issues that the Justices asked about."
Links
    0. http://eldred.cc
    1.
http://news.google.com/news?q=eldred+supreme+court&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scorin