[ANSOL-geral][Special Flash] Judge Kotar-Kotelly approves final judgment in Microsoft Case

Lopo de Almeida lopo.almeida arroba sitaar.com
Sat Nov 2 01:30:01 2002

Special Flash: Judge Kotar-Kotelly approves final judgment
in Microsoft Case

When something big breaks in the technology industry, What's
New Now stops the presses and delivers a special e-mail to
you, so you're always on top of the important stories... And
today's is a doozy.

Verdict: Judge Collen Kollar-Kotelly approves the proposed
final judgment, siding with the federal government and nine
states -- and against nine other states and the District of
Columbia. This is a huge win for Microsoft:
http://eletters1.ziffdavis.com/cgi-bin10/flo?y=eSjC0EzsF40HX60rxQ0Ae

Judge rules Microsoft can't retaliate against OEMs for five
years:
http://eletters1.ziffdavis.com/cgi-bin10/flo?y=eSjC0EzsF40HX60ryY0An

If you're like me, you're probably pretty sick of this whole
Microsoft and the Department of Justice thing. It seems like
this case has gone on forever -- and now that technology has
advanced, it's almost much ado about nothing.

But much in the same way that tax evasion eventually brought
famed gangster Al Capone to justice, Internet Explorer
bundling may be the only way to rein in Microsoft's many
supposedly anti-competitive business practices.

At any rate, unfortunately this probably isn't the end of
this twisty, turny, topsy road. For more details about all
the ups and downs of the case, check our our Microsoft on
Trial special report:
http://eletters1.ziffdavis.com/cgi-bin10/flo?y=eSjC0EzsF40HX60ryU0Aj

And if you're looking for the latest and most up to date
news on what Microsoft is doing, we've also got a special
Microsoft News page, you can find all the details right
here:
http://eletters1.ziffdavis.com/cgi-bin10/flo?y=eSjC0EzsF40HX60ryV0Ak