[ANSOL-geral] fsfe-portugal@gnu.org

Loic Dachary loic arroba gnu.org
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:14:37 +0100

Ruben Leote Mendes writes:
 > Hello Loïc,
 >
 > On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 10:35:31AM +0100, Loic Dachary wrote:
 > >
 > > 	Could one of the administrators of the ansol-geral arroba listas.ansol.org
 > > subscribe the fsfe-portugal arroba gnu.org mailing list ? I only mean this for
 > > archival purposes, of course, since all discussions are now taking place on
 > > ansol-geral arroba listas.ansol.org.
 >
 > I don't think that is a good idea.
 >
 > 1 - Almost everyone is subscribed to both mailing-list so we will receive
 >     all messages twice. We can solve this by unsubscribing everybody from
 >     fsfe-portugal.

	This is not needed you just need disable mail delivery. People will
still be subscribed but they won't receive mails.

 > 2 - The ansol-geral list is managed by mailman also and has online archives
 >     so anyone interested can download them.

	I know, it's only to have a backup in an intuitive place. Say, someone
wants to figure out what's going on in uk, portugal, france she can lookup
fsfe-{uk,portugal,france} instead of guessing where to look. I do this all
the time ;-)

 > 3 - The fsfe-portugal list can be used for FSFE related matters. This will
 >     be most useful if/when the Portuguese chapter is born.

	Sure. That does not conflict, IMHO.

 > I am disabling the delivery to fsfe-portugal arroba gnu.org for now until we decide
 > what is the best solution.

	Let's face it : fsfe-portugal will contain nothing and be useless for
months. I see as very good that the ansol list became the primary discussion
list. Instead of having an empty fsfe-portugal list let's just use it for
archive purposes if you don't mind.

	Cheers,

--
Loic   Dachary         http://www.dachary.org/  loic arroba dachary.org