[ANSOL-geral] save the link

higuita higuita7 yahoo.co.uk
Terça-Feira, 14 de Junho de 2016 - 21:38:03 WEST

Boas!

	Não vi referências a isto, pelo que fica o alerta para quem ainda
quiser assinar.

um abraço
higuita

Begin forwarded message:

Time is really running out to save the link: Can you take action before
the final deadline for input in 48 hours?
[ https://savethelink.org/eu?src=159629 ]

Save the Link
 [ https://savethelink.org/eu?src=159629 ]

Hi Daniel,

There's only 48 hours left to tell the European Commission not to make
link tax laws!

*What is happening now?*

There is one last consultation on proposals for an EU-wide link tax
before the Commission starts writing their draft law. [1]

These proposals suggest making copyright laws apply to hyperlinks – going
as far as suggesting all publishers should have the ability to charge
fees to website owners for all the links shared. [2]

This is is our best chance to make sure that the link tax never enters
that document at all. The consultation closes on the 15th June: that's
only 48 hours to take action.  [ https://savethelink.org/eu?src=159629 ]

The Commission has already heard from the lobbyists and the publishers
industry reps and from politicians from across the party spectrum. But
they still haven't heard from you.

The last few weeks have been huge for our Save the Link campaign! Here's
a quick recap on how our pressure is already making a difference:
  * We went to Strasbourg to deliver the voices of over 10,000 people to
top MEPs in response to the broad consultation the Commission ran on
rules governing websites. [3]
  * The Commission released their official response to this consultation:
devoting several pages to your comments. Thanks to you, the Commission
admitted that their link tax is unpopular and undemocratic. [4] That's a
really powerful achievement.
  * And to make sure we have a huge impact we're written detailed answers
to the full consultation which we've shared with publishers, search
engines and journalists to help them reply and we'll be sharing it with
the UK Government and the EU Commission. [5]

The Commission also released a further wave of plans hidden amongst them
we saw the same old idea: looking for a way to charge for sharing
content, and simply making links available.

It's an even stronger reason to make sure that we continue to show up in
force to save the link.

Now we need to drive it home: we only have a few days left to tell the
commission not to make link tax laws.

Can you help put the idea of extra copyright on links to rest by signing
our statement to say no to Link Tax Laws before the final deadline?
[ https://savethelink.org/eu?src=159629 ]

Best wishes,
Ruth

Footnotes

We want you to be as informed as possible about the situation, so please
check out the links below (We do love those links!)

[1] What the heck is ancillary copyright anyway and why do we call it a
link tax? Source: OpenMedia
[ https://openmedia.org/en/what-heck-ancillary-copyright-and-why-do-we-call-it-link-tax
] [2] How additional rights for publishers will hurt education and access
to culture Source: Communia
[ http://www.communia-association.org/2016/05/13/additional-rights-publishers-will-hurt-education-access-culture/
] [3] Delivering your voices at the European Parliament in Strasbourg
Source: OpenMedia
[ https://openmedia.org/en/press/large-majority-submissions-european-commission-oppose-link-tax-commission-continues-pursue
] [4] Full report on the results of the public consultation on the
Regulatory environment for Platforms, Online Intermediaries and the
Collaborative Economy. Source: European Commission
[ https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/full-report-results-public-consultation-regulatory-environment-platforms-online-intermediaries
] [5] EU Public consultation on the role of publishers in the copyright
value chain Source: NewsNow
[ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/eu-copyright-consultation-2016/position-statement.html
]

--
Naturally the common people don't want war... but after all it is the
leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a