[ANSOL-geral] Neelie Kroes: Entertaining Europe in the Electronic Age European Parliament Intellectual Property Forum

Gerardo Lisboa (INFO-CARE) gerardo.lisboa info-care.com.pt
Terça-Feira, 24 de Janeiro de 2012 - 17:29:21 WET

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=SPEECH/12/30&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

"Of course, many are also concerned about issues of illegal content. And I
agree with them that we need to push people away from piracy towards legal
content. Sites that knowingly enable massive copyright infringements and
make large sums of money at the expense of creators need to be stopped. As
regards legislation to combat piracy, I have said on a number of occasions
that *we should not put in place disproportionate and highly intrusive
measures* with the potential to disrupt legitimate online activities.
Therefore I think the US legislators have done the right thing by making a
pause and seeking a better anti-piracy solution than the SOPA and PIPA
bills which were on the table. "

(I made the highlights, they are not on original text)

Gerardo V. Lisboa

SKYPE gerardo_lisboa
GTALK gerardo  info-care.com.pt
PT M(+351 966 014 174)