[ANSOL-geral] KDE takes stand on OOXML

Jose Celestino japc co.sapo.pt
Sexta-Feira, 14 de Dezembro de 2007 - 00:10:22 WET

"The standardisation process of OfficeOpenXML has turned sour, not in
the least because Microsoft couldn't resist the temptation to cheat.
Right now we're seeing evidence of a concerted campaign at discrediting
OpenDocument vis-a-vis OfficeOpen XML. That's unfortunate, to say the
least. If OfficeOpen XML becomes an ISO standard, we will, in all likely
hood, (sic) still not spend time on supporting it. The standard is
enormous, very complex and to a large extent so badly specified that a
full implementation is probably even harder than implementing the old
Microsoft binary file formats. Add to that patent encumbrances and
problems with copyrighted elements -- and our conclusion is that we
prefer to concentrate on making KOffice a great set of applications that
are satisfying to use and satisfying to develop."

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15738/1090/

--
Jose Celestino
http://www.msversus.org/     ; http://techp.org/petition/show/1