[ANSOL-geral] ��no Open Office 1.1.4 ?

Carlos Patrão cpatrao moredata.pt
Quinta-Feira, 27 de Janeiro de 2005 - 10:49:11 WET

Olá.

Pela conversa que está no site do OO, não me parece que sejam opções da
JVM, senão vejamos, o link:

> OpenOffice.org is a free productivity suite
> <http://www.openoffice.org/product/> compatible with all major office
> suites.

Apresenta o seguinte paleio:

    OpenOffice.org 1.1 - Product Description

      Great software - now better than ever

Box of software When OpenOffice.org 1.0 was released, no one could
believe that software this good could be free. An estimated 16 million+
people have downloaded the software; many more have installed it from
CDs or were passed copies by enthusiastic users. Community members
produced translations in over 30 languages.

The OpenOffice.org community listened to users' comments, fixed their
bugs, and is now proud to announce OpenOffice.org 1.1. More powerful,
more compatible, more international, more accessible, more open than
ever^1 <http://www.openoffice.org/product/index.html#footnote_1> - and
best of all, this world class software is still free!

      A new approach to office productivity software

OpenOffice.org 1.1 gives you everything you'd expect in office software.
You can create dynamic documents
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/writer.html>, analyse data
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/calc.html>, design eye-catching
presentations <http://www.openoffice.org/product/impress.html>, produce
dramatic illustrations <http://www.openoffice.org/product/draw.html>,
and open up your databases
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/dbase.html>. You can publish your
work in Portable Document Format (.pdf), and release your graphics in
Flash (.swf) format - without needing any additional software.
OpenOffice.org 1.1 is now available for more users than ever, with
support for complex text layout (CTL) languages (such as Thai, Hindi,
Arabic, and Hebrew) and vertical writing languages.

If you're used to using other office suites - such as Microsoft Office -
you'll be completely at home with OpenOffice.org 1.1. However, as you
become used to OpenOffice.org 1.1, you'll start to appreciate the extras
that make your life easier. You can of course continue to use your old
Microsoft Office files without any problems - and if you need to
exchange files with people still using Microsoft Office, that's no
problem either.

      What's in the suite?

WRITER <http://www.openoffice.org/product/writer.html> Is a powerful
tool for creating professional documents, reports, newsletters, and
brochures. You can easily integrate images and charts in documents,
create everything from business letters to complete books with
professional layouts, as well as create and publish Web content.

CALC <http://www.openoffice.org/product/calc.html> is a feature-packed
spreadsheet which can turn boring numbers into eye-catching information.
Calculate, analyse, and visually communicate your data quickly and
easily. Use advanced spreadsheet functions and decision-making tools to
perform sophisticated data analysis. Use built-in charting tools to
generate impressive 2D and 3D charts.

IMPRESS <http://www.openoffice.org/product/impress.html> is the fastest,
most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations. Your
presentations will truly stand out with special effects, animation and
high-impact drawing tools.

DRAW <http://www.openoffice.org/product/draw.html> will produce
everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations and special
effects.

The Database User Tools <http://www.openoffice.org/product/dbase.html>
give you all the tools you need for day to day database work in a simple
spreadsheet-like form. They support dBASE databases for simple
applications, or any ODBC or JDBC compliant database for industrial
strength database work.

      Find out more - try it today!

Click here
<http://www.digitaldistribution.com/samples/openofficeintro11en.swf> to
view an introduction to OpenOffice.org in Flash format.
Read our 4 page Product Flyer in pdf format, either screen optimised
(93k) <http://www.openoffice.org/product/docs/OOoFlyer11s.pdf>, print
optimised (522k)
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/docs/OOoFlyer11.pdf>, or press
optimised (680k)
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/docs/OOoFlyer11p.pdf> - all these
options are of course available with one click within OpenOffice.org 1.1!

O link _Database User Tools_ aponta para:

Product 	Home <http://www.openoffice.org/product/index.html> | Writer
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/writer.html> | Calc
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/calc.html> | Impress
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/impress.html> | Draw
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/draw.html> | Database Tools
Information:Â Â  	Suite Advantage
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/suite.html> | Reviews
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/reviews.html> | Case Studies
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/studies.html> | System Requirements
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/reqts.html>

    Database User Tools

      Open up your databases

screen dump of dbase tools
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/pix/dbase-big.png>

Databases are often thought to be strictly for techies. If you don't
talk Structured Query Language (SQL), then your database won't talk to
you. OpenOffice.org 1.1 changes all that. Its Database User Tools gives
you all the tools you need for day to day database work in a simple
spreadsheet-like form. They also make it simple to 'drag and' drop data
into other OpenOffice.org 1.1 programs like Calc
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/calc.html> and Writer
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/writer.html>.

        Maintaining your data

Using OpenOffice.org 1.1, you can:

    * Create new tables for your data - and also change them as your
      needs change
    * Maintain indexes on the tables to make data access faster
    * View a table in an editing grid and add, change, and delete records
    * Use the Report AutoPilot to produce impressive reports from your
      data^1
    * Use the Form AutoPilot to create 'instant' database applications

        Using your data

Using OpenOffice.org 1.1, you can not only browse your data, but also:

    * Perform simple (single column) or complex (multi-column) sorts
    * View subsets of your data with simple (one-click) or complex
      (logical query) filters
    * Create powerful queries to show your data in new ways, including
      summaries and multi-table views
    * Produce reports in a wide variety of formats using the Report
      AutoPilot

        Technical footnotes

For simple database applications, OpenOffice.org 1.1 supports dBASE
(.dbf) databases without any additional software.

For more advanced requirements, OpenOffice.org 1.1 supports the MySQL
database natively^1 , or any database through ODBC and JDBC drivers.
There is a MySQL / OpenOffice.org 1.0 HOW-TO on the unixODBC site
<http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/>.

^1 Requires the installation of a Java Runtime Environment (a free
download).

Parece-me tudo óptimo, só é pena não conseguir lá chegar :-(

Abs.