[ANSOL-geral] Eleições com software proprietário ?!?

Paulo Miguel de Almeida Marque nightwish zmail.pt
Segunda-Feira, 7 de Junho de 2004 - 20:45:26 WEST

Esta post passou hoje nos pt.comp.so.linux ...

Since you might be the only person from Portugal I know... why
not ask the question?

I found that there will be test of electronic voting in your
country...
I am looking for any kind of possible opposition to this.
I already have good contact with opposition in Ireland, UK,
Belgium (me) and less organised in Nederlands and France.

Could Linux user group ask for the source code (this is of
course not sufficiant, but it could activate a few geek against
the system... then I can educate them and show them why a
system that can not be verified by the citizen is not
democratic)?

Here is what I found:
*
http://www.indra.es/ingles/infindra/contenidoindr_notaprensa020604.htm
(http://www.indra.es/infindra/contenidoindr_notaprensa020604.htm)

Indra, Spain's Consulting and Information Technologies company,
will
carry out voting projects in Portugal and France with its
Point&Vote
touch-screen system on the coming elections to the European
Parliament
to be held on June 13th. The Spanish company will perform a
total of six
pilot projects without legal validity and, in the case of
France, will
also carry out a voting with whole legal validity in the town
of
Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy.

[...]

In Portugal, the Spanish company will perform pilot experiences
in the
polling stations of Sé (Portalegre), Mangualde (Viseu) and
Santa Maria
de Belém (Lisboa), three districts chosen in representation of
the
rural, semi-rural and urban areas to analyse how citizens
perceive this
kind of technologies applied to the vote.

David GLAUDE

PS: Feel free to just spread the news with a few question mark,
you have
more important things to do like that meeting the 8th June.