[ANSOL-geral] pergunta sobre a GPL

Rui Miguel Seabra rms 1407.org
Segunda-Feira, 26 de Abril de 2004 - 14:30:05 WEST

Olá,

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 12:45 +0000, Daniel Carvalho wrote:
> A minha dúvida é: Disponibilizar ao público em geral (por exemplo,
> publicando no site) ou só aos compradores da versão modificada? Na
> segunda opção, quem comprasse o produto deles iria ter os binarios e
> também o codigo fonte respectivo.

Essa dúvida está na FAQ da GNU GPL!

http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

Deves começar por ver:

Can I release a modified version of a GPL-covered program in binary form
only?
   No. The whole point of the GPL is that all modified versions must be
   free software--which means, in particular, that the source code of
   the modified version is available to the users.

e logo de seguida...

I want to distribute binaries without accompanying sources. Can I
provide source code by FTP instead of by mail order?

My friend got a GPL-covered binary with an offer to supply source, and
made a copy for me. Can I use the offer myself to obtain the source?

Can I put the binaries on my Internet server and put the source on a
different Internet site?

que penso serem esclarecedores, mas se tiveres dúvidas, não hesites em
perguntar.

Abraços, Rui