Eu gosto mais desta... Re: [ANSOL-geral][ADVOCACY] Judge blocks route to GPL legal test case

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange arroba nsk.yi.org
Wed Apr 24 12:26:01 2002

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 09:32:43PM +0100, Jaime E . Villate wrote:
> >             SERÁ QUE A FSF VAI DEFENDER (OU AJUDAR) TODOS OU SÓ O=
S GRANDES

> > Sim! Porque a MySQL AB não é própriamente o Lopo ou o João, n=
ão é verdade?

> MySQL AB foi ajudada não por ser grande, mas por ter cedido previamen=
te o seu
> copyright à FSF. Se tu ou o João seguirem o trámite legal para ce=
der o vosso
> copyright à FSF, podes ter a certeza que serão defendidos na mesma
> forma. Quando a FSF não é o "copyright holder" o seu advogado não=
 pode
> fazer nada.

Nada disso:
"The Free Software Foundation's chief legal counsel, Eben Moglen, is set to
provide expert testimony in a hearing ...

That's a "garden variety" violation of the GPL, Moglen says.
 Additionally, "We don't expect to have any problem enforcing the GPL in
this situation," says Bradley Kuhn, FSF's vice president. Normally, he
says, the Free Software Foundation conducts private enforcement of GPL
violations on software that it holds the copyright on. In this case, MySQL
retains the copyright on its GPLed apps, and the FSF is simply providing
expert testimony in what is expected to be an easily-gained temporary
injunction against the further distribution of NuSphere's version of
MySQL.
"

Cumps
Luciano Rocha

--
Luciano Rocha, strange arroba nsk.yi.org

The trouble with computers is that they do what you tell them, not what
you want.
                -- D. Cohen