[ANSOL-geral]slp - soft ware livre português

Ruben Leote Mendes ruben arroba nocturno.org
Mon Apr 8 04:57:01 2002

--OROCMA9jn6tkzFBc

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 11:50:56AM +0100, Jo=E3o Miguel Neves wrote:
> On Dom, 2002-04-07 at 00:27, Paulo Trezentos wrote:
>=20
> > O que eu disse foi qualquer coisa como: "[... quanto =E0 licen=E7a de
> > software inclu=EDdo na distribui=E7=E3o] n=E3o perseguimos uma filosofi=
a t=E3o
> > fundamentalista como a Debian, porque existe software n=E3o livre
> > importante para o utilizador rec=E9m-chegado ao Linux."
>=20
> Isto =E9 mentira. A debian tem o reposit=F3rio non-free que faz parte da
> distribui=E7=E3o. Eu =E9 que escolho n=E3o o usar.

A Debian tem um reposit=F3rio non-free mas ele n=E3o faz parte da Debian
propriamente dita. Eis a parte relevante no [0] "Debian Social Contract":

    5. Programs That Don't Meet Our Free-Software Standards
       We acknowledge that some of our users require the use of programs
       that don't conform to the Debian Free Software Guidelines. We have
       created "contrib" and "non-free" areas in our FTP archive for this
       software. The software in these directories is not part of the
       Debian system, although it has been configured for use with
       Debian. We encourage CD manufacturers to read the licenses of
       software packages in these directories and determine if they can
       distribute that software on their CDs. Thus, although non-free
       software isn't a part of Debian, we support its use, and we
       provide infrastructure (such as our bug-tracking system and
       mailing lists) for non-free software packages.

O ponto n=FAmero 1. tamb=E9m confirma esta ideia:

    1. Debian Will Remain 100% Free Software
       We promise to keep the Debian GNU/Linux Distribution entirely free
       software. As there are many definitions of free software, we
       include the guidelines we use to determine if software is "free"
       below. We will support our users who develop and run non-free
       software on Debian, but we will never make the system depend on an
       item of non-free software.
=20
P.S. Parece que vamos ter a woody (Debian 3.0) para o dia 1 de Maio.=20
     Finalmente... :)

[0] http://www.debian.org/social_contract

--=20
R=FAben Leote Mendes - ruben arroba nocturno.org

--OROCMA9jn6tkzFBc

--OROCMA9jn6tkzFBc--